Though luxury hotels sound a more comfortable choice to take when you go for a trip in Singapore, most travelers, especially experienced ones, opt for hostels for saving money and at the meantime get new friends. This is the best option as a cheap stay would ensure that you can have the most experience as money is spent wisely for the purpose of discovering.
It is understandable that you will put security first and worry if a hostel is equipped with good facilities, but still have to care about the fees for other variable needs. So we have carefully researched and give you 5 best options of backpacker Singapore hostels with some tips so that you can have a wonderful experience in Singapore.
1. BETEL BOX HOSTEL
Betel Box hotel is among the top backpacker hostel in Singapore. It is situated at the vibrant and lively Joo Chiat area, with close proximity to all the fancy places in the city. Inner accommodation is nicely decorated and equipped with air conditioners. All furniture is of good quality and the essentials are more than enough during your trip to Singapore.
This hostel is definitely your one-step destination for a homey and cozy feel, you are offered impeccable service to ensure the comfort and convenience of the guests.
ABOUT BETTEL BOX:
- Bed in 6, 8, and 20 bed mix dormitory rooms
- Ladies-only 8 bed dorm
- Private double room available can stay up to 4 people
- Rates from S$20.00 – S$25.00 per bed
- Nearby attractions: Joo Chiat Heritage Town, Geylang Serai Wet Market
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence 2013 – Tripadvisor
2. DROP INN HOSTEL – Top Hostel in Singapore
Located in the Little India area, which is perfect to reach a train station and many food stores nearby. This hostel was renovated in 2013 so that its furnitures are new and modern with a lovely chic style. Private rooms for a large number of people are also offered at affordable rates.
The staff are approachable and friendly, which makes this hostel feel like home. The hospitality, friendliness, and warmth of the owners are the selling points of the service here. So this hostel is worth trying whenever you travel to Singapore as it is an economical choice for the truly happy and warm moments.
ABOUT DROP INN:
- Bed in 6 or 8 bed dormitory rooms
- Offer female dorm
- Private double/triple/4-bedrooms
- Price: S$29.00 – S$33.00 per bed
- Nearby attractions: Mustafa Centre, Little India
3. THE LITTLE RED DOT – Top Singapore Hostel
A long trip to Singapore can even be more exhausting if you choose the wrong place to stay. The Little Red Dot is a nice, clean and cozy hostel located at 125 Lavender Street, which is near the Lavander MRT so it is really easy to go from place to place.
The hostel provides travel lovers convenient and fun staying environment with air-conditioned rooms, free X-Box 360 games and Wifi, plus a spacious greenery relaxing lounge. This is a space for guests to chill out and have various activities such as reading books, playing games, drinking a cup of coffee, or having a conversation with fellow travelers. The caretakers are supportive, charming and super friendly, which makes the trip in Singapore an easy and comfortable experience.
ABOUT THE LITTLE RED DOT:
- Bed in 4, 6, and 8 bed mix dormitory rooms
- Ladies-only 8 bed dorm
- Price: S$22.00 – S$30.00 per bed
- Airport shuttles are provided (must pay extra fee)
- Nearby attractions: Little India, Geylang, City Square Mall
4. BEARY NICE! BY A BEARY GOOD HOSTEL
Beary Nice! A Beary Good Hostel which is located at the heart of Chinatown is widely known for being in the top Singapore hostels. The good location makes it really easy to come to popular points of interest nearby. This hostel nicely stands out in the street for the chirpy art deco building it is housed in.
Beary Nice offers travelers a secure, comfortable and private place to stay at affordable prices. The staff are friendly and helpful with the reception desk opening for 24 hours, ready to cater to all your needs. Good location, clean and new dorm rooms and useful facilities are what make this hostel the very first place to pop up in the tourists’ minds when they travel to Singapore.
ABOUT BEARY NICE! BY A BEARY GOOD:
- Bed in 8 or 10 bed mixed dormitory rooms
- Gender separated bathrooms
- Elevator access
- Price: S$28.00 – S$30.00 per bed
- Nearby attractions: Chinatown Heritage Centre, Chinatown Food Street, Pagoda Street, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, Maxwell Road Hawker Centre
5. RIVER CITY INN – TOP SINGAPORE HOSTEL
Situated at Hong Kong Street, Clarke Quay area, River City Inn is another one to be in the top popular hostels in Singapore. It takes only 3 minutes to walk to the Singapore River and 5 minutes to the MRT Station.
This is a family-owned and operated hostel so that the atmosphere is really comfortable and homey. River City Inn is equipped with clean, modern, well-maintained facilities and offers a wide choice of dorm beds catering to all backpackers’ staying needs. The accommodating staff adds to the sweetness of travelers’ stay here. The ambiance and service are all just “perfect” at this hostel.
ABOUT RIVER CITY INN:
- Bed in 6 or 12 bed mixed dormitory rooms
- Offers ladies-only dorm
- Offers private 4-bed room
- Price: S$26.00 – S$29.00 per bed
- Nearby attractions: Singapore River, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Central Mall, Asian Civilisations Museum