Singapore is a breathtaking fusion of Chinese, Malay, Indian and Western cultures, cuisines, sounds and fashions. It has been in the top ten list of the most visited cities in the world for years.
Our small yet beautiful island deserves it as the city has all to satisfy any need of visitors: green and safe environment, cultural diversity, delicious food, world-class shopping malls, the latest fashion and electronics, vibrant nightlife, cheap and convenient public transport, and many more.
We want to make sure that you could have a wonderful trip in Singapore via our experiences and reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
Do I need a visa to visit Singapore?
Visa applications are required for Indian citizens/passport holders when you have a trip in Singapore.
If your travel document is issued by one of the countries or regions below, you will need a visa to enter Singapore:
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Document of Identity)
- Macao Special Administrative Region (Travel Permit)
- People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Saudi Arabia
You will also need a visa if you are travelling on:
- A Palestinian Authority passport
- A temporary passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
- Refugee travel documents issued by a Middle East country. These travel documents are subject to an assessment of recognition for entry into Singapore.
What items am I prohibited from bringing to Singapore?
It is against Singapore law to bring certain items to Singapore. All travelers, including those transiting through Changi International Airport, are liable to prosecution if found in possession of these items/goods:
- Chewing gum (except dental and medicated gum)
- Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (for example, electronic cigarettes)
- Cigarette lighters in the shape of a pistol or revolver
- Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
- Obscene articles, publications, videotapes, videodiscs, and software
- Reproductions of copyright publications, videotapes, videodiscs, and laser discs, records and cassettes
- Seditious and treasonable materials.
Check here for tips and advice before traveling.
When is the best time to visit Singapore?
Singapore is a popular year-round travel destination. However, the best time to go to Singapore is between February and April fall.
Within Singapore’s dry season, you can experience this country with less rainfall than other times of the year.
Where is the best place to stay in Singapore?
Singapore is an expensive place to live in and also to travel to. Singapore hotels are luxury but costly. Travelers should choose friendly-budget homestays or hostels/motels for their Singapore trips.
Pick a location close to some of the most famous attractions in the area and enjoy your Singapore trip.
Is Singapore local transportation easy to use?
Singapore has an excellent public transportation system considered to be one of the best in the world. Depending on where you are going, you have the choice between MTR (metro), trains, buses, trams, ferries, and taxis.
For the first trip to Singapore, check the most economical way to get from Changi airport to Singapore city: MRT.